Friends of Madras Mission Statement
To raise funds in order to enrich the school environment for the children at Madras VA School.
Aims and Objectives:
- To develop effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school.
- To arrange events and activities that raise funds for equipment and projects in school to enhance the education of the pupils.
- To organise social events for the enjoyment of the pupils, their families and the wider community.
- To support the school in making the leaving year a special one for pupils.
- To continue to foster links between FoM, Madras school and St Mary Magdalene’s Church.
The FoM aims to raise funds to further the education of the children at Madras VA Primary School through fun and profitable activities, in a safe and friendly environment.
On behalf of all the school parents, we aim to provide the added extras that are not otherwise funded, while at the same time maintaining the inclusive school community spirit through the organisation of fun activities for all school children, parents, teachers, carers and the wider community.
Thanks to your continued support of the FoM events, the biggest fundraisers will be the Christmas Fayre, Spring bingo and Summer Fair. In 2015-2016, these events alone raised over £3000 and provided entertainment along the way.
In the next year we also plan to hold a coffee morning, virtual balloon race, promise/silent auction, a 100 club and much more.
How Will the Money Be Spent?
We ask the staff for a ‘wish list’. This year we have been asked to fund:
- Further development of outdoor areas
- Classroom resources
We are already busy planning behind the scenes and will update you via Facebook, the school website & Newsletter with dates for the diary!
Current Committee Positions:
Chair: Sian Boffey
Vice Chair: Teena Dimelow
Secretary: Sarah Aza
Treasurer: Rachel Coathupe – Fox
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link below to see our Facebook page: